Today we are going to learn all the ins and outs of MoveIt, the ROS package created to easily perform motion planning of arms in the ROS framework.
But before going into that, let me remind you about our ROS online academy. Yes, at the Construct we have created an online academy named The Robot Ignite Academy which contains a ROS learning path for beginners. The path is composed by:
- Linux for Robotics
- Python for Robotics
- ROS Basic Concepts
- Understanding TF
- URDF for modeling robots
- ROS Control
- Build your own robot and ROSify it… and become a ROS Developer!
Some other advanced courses are:
Dave Coleman is the CEO of PickNik company, the company behind the development of MoveIt. He has been one of the main developers of MoveIt since the very beginning. He is also one of the developers of ROS Control. He is also an open source robotics advocate.
Welcome to the podcast Dave!
- Follow Dave Coleman on LinkedIn
- PickNik company, behind the development of MoveIt
- The MoveIt project
- Object Recognition Kitchen
- Octomaps on ROS
- MoveIt for ROS2
Subscribe to the podcast using any of the following methods
- ROS Developers Podcast on iTunes
- ROS Developers Podcast on Stitcher
- ROS Developers Podcast on Spotify